About

12.16.2009

Why? (#1)

I ask "WHY?" about a million things in life. (Duh, we all do.)

WHY are people so blind?
WHY is my son is bed yet?
WHY does Pandora think I'll like some wussy emo-pop song?
WHYwhyWHY...

Here is the story of the moment that I ask WHY about... Actually, I don't ask WHY about this story per se... but rather the impetus for the story. Why are people lining up to vaccinate their babies against swine flu??? Hasn't the illness peaked and pretty much left? Was it even so bad to begin with? And, here's proof it's not even strong enough to work: it was recalled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/health/16flu.html?_r=1

Vaccines piss me off. Not because of their intention but because of the way people blindly line up to get them and the way doctors act like you're psycho if you refuse 'em.

---
And... Why is my baby waking up??!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, Please help. www.forantonia.wordpress.com

    Signed,
    A concerned Dad and Husband
    David Broadwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need your help in getting the word out. I only know a handful of people. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah,

    My name is Chad Bilyeu. I am a native Clevelander who currently lives in Amsterdam. I really admire your dedication to the vegan lifestyle and to raise your child in the same vein. I actually wanted to tell you about my mother's new vegan bakery that opened in August in Ohio City. I am a bit biased, but I ate her breads and sweets for about a year before I even knew they were vegan. Recently Scarlett Johannson came in and enjoyed her breads whilst filming Avengers. I'm not trying to solicit, but I truly think you'd love her creations. I would have sent a private email, but I couldn't locate on your Blogger profile. Check her bakery out and let me know how you like it. Also, tell her I sent you...

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maggies-Vegan-Bakery/146263355428751?sk=info

    Peace,

    Chad Bilyeu
    http://chadinamsterdam.com

    ReplyDelete